Wednesday, May 19, 2010

So I'm a Little Bit Behind . . . Again

So, now I'm a slacker blogger again.
Since my last post, Sadie has turned 8 - WOW! - that's a big number when attached to my girl! Luke Calton has also graduated from Preschool - all on the same day!!! May 14th was a big day for us.
I totally meant to blog an awesome "Tamra worthy" page of tribute to how big and awesome my kids are getting . . . but I didn't. I did take some great pictures while thinking how great they would look while decorating said post. But they are still on my camera and not yet on my computer. Maybe next week . . .
But I do have something to say that is current! (I know - you are all shocked and amazed!) Luke goes tomorrow for his Kindergarten readiness test at CHA.
I must admit to being a bit nervous.
I know he's ready - we waited a whole extra year, for goodness sake - I KNOW he's ready!
I have nothing to worry about. He knows all the stuff he should know . . . I think.
But what if he doesn't? What if they say he needs to wait another year?
I know, I know - they will totally not say that.
But what if they do?
Being a Mommy is a hard job
(stop laughing Mom . . . and Dodie . . . and Tammy . . . and Grandmother!!!)
It's so hard to know if you're doing the right thing, and by the time you figure out that maybe you didn't do the right thing, you've already screwed them up and it's too late to fix it.
So, now I'm just waiting to get through tomorrow, and then I'll know. And the good news is that I'll be way too busy to think about it tomorrow as I desperately try to finish getting ready for the garage sale that we're starting on Fri morning, and getting my house half-way presentable before Mom and Dad get here tomorrow!!!
What am I still doing on here???
I have work to do!!!

1 comment:

As We Are said...

Oh, being a Mommy is HARD!! I hear ya! But, I think you are doing a good job at it. Keep us updated on how his tests go. Please tell Sadie a happy late birthday for us! 8 years came all too fast didn't it?