Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Snow and Lizards

I am sooooo ready for spring.
Oh - who am I kidding?  I'm ready for summer!!!  Swimsuits, lazy days, trampolines - I'm ready!  But - we must reach spring before summer may arrive.
And I must reach a lower number on the scale (and my britches!)  before swimsuit season!!!
Anyway - none of that is the point of this blog post, so I will move along . . . 

SNOW!!! 

We finally got some here in OKC.  I, for one, could live without any of the frozen, wet stuff - except on the rare occasions that it gets us out of going to school ;)
But yesterday, we got some.  Not much, and none stuck to the road, but totally enough to play in.  Now, I'm usually that mean mama that makes my kids work on homework and drudgery before they get to play, but how do you so no to snow?
You don't.
So - out my kids went, and they had a wet, muddy blast!
And - if evidenced by my carpet and hallway floor - so did the dog!
Before I knew it, they had erected this fabulous snowman that I am certain will be a lovely mud puddle (topped with a hat!) by the time we get home this afternoon.
But at least we got a picture of him before he melted away!
    


Now - Lizards!!!
Yes - we finally got them too.
And they are cute - but they eat crickets.  Who knew?  Okay - everyone knew, but this mama does NOT like crickets!!!  EWWWWW!!!!!  So, needless to say - I was pretty hilarious trying to feed these crickets to the geckos yesterday.  I'm sure it will get better - but EWWWWW!!!!!!!
Here's the pic I took of Luke with his new buddies.  When he gets them named and starts handling them, I will post some pics of them.  I think all you can see is the tank in this pic, really.  But he's excited - can you tell?

   

No comments: