Friday, April 2, 2010

My Children and their Eyes . . .

Hello, 3 readers!!! Just a quick update on my children's eye appointments. Dr Scott says Luke Calton's eyes look great! He is far-sighted, which is actually NORMAL for children. Interesting and a fact I was unaware of. He could possibly grow out of it IF he wears his glasses all the time. Not a problem. Hopefully he doesn't outgrow his farsightedness and into nearsightedness like his Mama! hehe!!! His optic nerve looked fine and he was very happy with Luke.
Then I mentioned Sadie and her crazy eye-patch prescription and he said he wanted to see her ASAP! So . . . we made an appointment for next week. However, that time was just not working for us, so we switched it and got in last Wed afternoon. I learned things at that appointment. Her right eye has no prescription at all - it's just plain glass and she sees 20/20 with it! Whoo-hoo!!! Go Sadie! Her other eye is a bit nearsighted, but not nearly as bad as we were told. Her lense is actually a bit strong for her, and we need to change that, but no more crazy patching. He was very pleased with how she looked and there was no cause for all the craziness.
And the best news of all . . . he takes our medical insurance!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!
In unrelated news - the Lord is at work. There are two postitions available for next year at CHA. Going to apply Monday. I also got some other related news today that I am unable to share on the blog at this time, but hopefully can be public knowledge soon!!! Sorry - you never know when more than my 3 readers might glance over here and I don't want to "overshare" for anyone else!!! But I can say I got a huge smiley face post-it note from the Lord today to say "Your on the right track, girl! Keep on going!"
Oh, and one more thing - I've lost 6 whole pounds this week!!! What a great week!

No comments: