Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Night Madness

What a day!!! Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest. What-ever. When is Sunday ever my day of rest? It's my day to catch up on the rest of the week!!!
For example, every week, I have 2 discussions due that include an initial post and 2 replies to my classmates posts. I also had an essay and a quiz due this week. Every week - since the beginning of school - they have been due on Sunday at midnight. Guess when I frantically try to finish all of these assignments? Yep - you got it - Sunday afternoon, which usually rolls right into Sunday night, until I'm counting how many minutes I have until midnight to finish my last 5 questions on my quiz. Why do I not do these things, on, I don't know - Wednesday afternoon when all the kids are sleeping??? Probably because I'm resting on Wednesday afternoons while they are napping. So, maybe Wednesday should be my day of rest and Sunday my day of insanity. It just makes more sense around here. If only the Lord had consulted me before he assigned the day of rest . . .
In other news, Sadie had a super time on her campout, although she evidently got very little rest because she collapsed in a heap after a shower and we had to roll her out of bed to go to a friend's house for dinner. She did bring home a couple of stow-aways (read as 'ticks' - ewwwwwwww) but other than that she had a great time! I love that she is comfortable enough with herself to go off without us and have a good time. And she made it home with all the clothes she left with, so I consider the campout to be a success!!! I know she can't wait for summer and her first week at Hidden Falls. I just hope I can successfully drive away and leave her there. I kind-of want to stay the week too!!! Such sweet memories for me. I can't wait for her to make some of her own.

1 comment:

As We Are said...

Hang in there! All of this school mess will be worth it someday!