Monday, January 28, 2013

Cake Wrecks and Scraping

I had a fabulous weekend, although it had a less-than-stellar beginning.
I had 3 cakes due on Friday afternoon - one of which has been finished for a while, but the birthday boy broke his arm the night before his laser-tag birthday party, and so we froze the cake to wait for the party to be re-scheduled.  
So - my plan was to finish the other 2 cakes (and 36 cuppies) on Thursday night while the first cake was defrosting.  Then I would deliver cake #1 (money!) after school on Friday - when mom picked up the kids at school:



 Cake #2 and 36 cuppies (Dr. Suess) were due at 5:00 at the church:



After delivery of cake #2, I would proceed to delivery of cake #3 (Spiderman and Superman - in the freezer)  However, when cake #3 was removed from the freezer, this is what we found...


EEKKK!!!!!!
That is NOT what it was supposed to look like!!!!  The oozing you see was completely liquified.  I still have NO IDEA what happened to this poor cake.  I had to call into work, and stay home to bake a whole new cake and get it and the other cakes and  cuppies all done before delivery time.
You will be pleased to learn that all cakes made it to their respective birthday parties on time, and everyone was thrilled with the results!
I was supposed to be at a scrapbooking retreat beginning Friday afternoon after the final delivery, however, I did not finish that cake until almost 7:00, so I did not make it to my retreat until almost 9:00!
I had a great, restful weekend after that, and got lots of memories on the page!  And then my hubby even taught my Sunday School class for me so that I could relax Sunday morning, and not come home until the afternoon!  I could not have gone on the retreat without him being willing to keep out kiddos while I was gone!  What a great man!
Oh - in case you're wondering - here is the final version of cake #3 - 



Blake, Timber, and Jackson - Happy Birthday!!!  
So glad I got to be part of your special day!!!!

1 comment:

As We Are said...

Oh my goodness, I would have freaked out! What a crazy day you had! They look amazing, as always, and I'm so glad you had a restful weekend to yourself!!! Yay for great dads/husbands!!